Managing Requirements with PTC Integrity Software
As part of an integral development solution, the software requirements management capabilities of PTC Integrity go beyond simple capture to provide a solution that makes the discipline an interactive part of the product lifecycle. Reuse and requirements change management are coupled with real-time metrics and full traceability between system requirements and downstream software and hardware requirements, leading to superior product quality, full auditability and more rapid time-to-market.
PTC Integrity's customizable traceability keeps all stakeholders informed of changes to requirements throughout the development process, fostering collaboration between engineering disciplines and roles. Developers and other stakeholders can easily assess and address the impact of changes before they are implemented, even across product lines, to increase agility, improve product quality and reduce product delivery risk.
PTC knows that requirements engineering for product development is different from requirements elicitation and management for business or consumer software, and unlike other requirements management solutions PTC Integrity is built specifically to address these challenges. PTC Integrity is an enterprise solution designed for the rapid rate of change characteristic of product engineering, and its flexible workflow and robust integration technologies enable collaboration between engineers, stakeholders and other participants working with thousands of requirements, across Systems, Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineering and across multiple product lines and variants.
PTC Integrity addresses the common customer challenges with managing requirements by providing a platform and capabilities like:
- Requirements change management – Process and workflow, authorization and assignment controls who, what, when and where change happens, and communicates the impact of that change across the lifecycle to all involved.
- Requirements configuration management – Versioning, branching and baselines of requirements and requirements documents enables reuse of requirements assets at any point in the lifecycle and leverages investments across projects.
- Requirements traceability – Artifacts can be linked within the repository to others either up or downstream, across projects or through time facilitating communications, discovery, assessment of the impact of change and the generation of metrics for decision making.
- Requirements authoring – A streamlined user interface captures the rich content of requirements within documents, lists or hierarchical structures. Integrations into productivity tools such as Microsoft Word and Excel streamlines import of rich content.
- Requirements visibility and metrics – Complete visibility across roles, projects and users along with metrics calculated at every stage of the lifecycle and displayed through reports, charts and dashboards enables informed and timely decision-making.
- Collaboration across the supply chain – PTC Integrity supports Requirements Interchange Format (ReqIF/RIF) and the PTC Integrity Integration Platform which allows organizations to easily exchange requirements between PTC Integrity and IBM DOORS.
- Architecture and administration – PTC Integrity’s enterprise architecture and centralized administration software is built by design to support the scalability and performance needs of a highly collaborative, process-central global organization.