This is the resourceWebinar Recording
Stickyminds Webinar, Sponsored by MKS and featuring OVUM: Software Development and the Product Lifecycle - When Worlds Collide
A discussion on how software and product engineering can get on the same page with product definition, requirements, and change management.
Software is changing the nature of engineered products, and engineered products are changing the nature of the application and product lifecycles. In growing cases, embedded software no longer enhances products but defines them. At the nexus is the definition of the product and who, how, and where requirements and engineering changes are managed. Significantly, there is no single model that applies across every product industry; the processes for managing requirements will differ between sectors such as automotives, which involve significant supply chain interdependencies, and consumer electronics, which do not.
In this presentation, Tony Baer, Principal Analyst, Ovum, and Matt Klassen, Solutions Manager, MKS, will explore:
- How the growing presence of embedded software in defining products is changing the product life cycle
- The typical contrasts in patterns of activity in engineering change requests between mechanical, electrical, and software engineering disciplines
- Growing blurring of roles and competencies between software and traditional engineering disciplines
- Guidelines for managing requirements across multiple engineering disciplines, and how it can impact the engineering and manufacturing bills of materials
- The roles that ALM, ERP, and PLM systems play in managing requirements, change, and product definition in the product lifecycle
To view the Webinar on-demand, click here.