Managing Requirements with Integrity
As part of a unified development platform, the requirements management capabilities of Integrity go beyond simple capture to provide a solution that makes the discipline an interactive part of the application lifecycle. Reuse and requirements change management are coupled with real-time metrics and full traceability between customer requests and downstream requirements in a coherent ALM solution, leading to superior quality, full auditability and more rapid time-to-market.
Fostering collaboration between business users generating requirements, architects, developers, and testers, Integrity keeps all stakeholders informed of changes to requirements throughout the development process. Easily assess and address the impact of changes before they are implemented (across projects and product lines) to increase business agility, improve software quality and reduce project risk.
Integrity addresses the common customer problems with managing requirements by providing a platform and capabilities like:
- Requirements change management – Process and workflow, authorization and assignment controls who, what, when and where change happens, and communicates the impact of that change across the lifecycle to all involved.
- Requirements configuration management – Versioning, branching and baselines of requirements and requirements documents enables reuse of requirements assets at any point in the lifecycle and leverages investments across projects.
- Requirements traceability – Artifacts can be linked within the repository to others either up or downstream, across projects or through time facilitating communications, discovery, assessment of the impact of change and the generation of metrics for decision making.
- Requirements authoring – A streamlined user interface captures the rich content of requirements within documents, lists or hierarchical structures. Integrations into productivity tools such as Microsoft Word and Excel streamlines import of rich content.
- Requirements visibility and metrics – Complete visibility across roles, projects and users along with metrics calculated at every stage of the lifecycle and displayed through reports, charts and dashboards enables informed and timely decision-making.
- Architecture and administration – MKS Integrity’s enterprise architecture and centralized administration is built by design to support the scalability and performance needs of a highly collaborative, process-central global organization.